About the program
Aims of the proposed training program
For service delivery personnel:
- Provide practitoners woking in child protection with a cear framework for assessing parent’s capacity-to-change.
- Increased clarity and agreement between the child protection system and non-government agencies providing family support on the purpose/aims/goals of a referral.
- Orientate service delivery away from an adversarial approach towards a collaborative, strengths based approach that, i) is more helpful to families and, ii) improves decision making.
For families (consumers):
- Receive a service based on a model of collaboration, respect and understanding.
- Greater clarity of the expectations of the child protection system.
- A clear plan that includes specific goals for change, effective support to achieve clearly defined goals, and regular feedback of progress.